Thursday, June 17, 2010

Endtroducing

So it's been known for a while that DF is returning--yet again--to Mitteleuropa, site of his triumphant itinerancy in summer 2005, and of his World-Cup related adventures in 2006. The lesson of those trips appeared to be: if you want to make sure you don't forget what happened on your trip, and/or if you want to inform people about the trip, the surest way to do this is to write a blog.

Hence I am going to write a blog about this trip.

Or, perhaps better, I am going to try to write a blog about this trip. There is no guarantee that I'll have enough time to write blogs while I'm abroad, not because my schedule is packed with personally fun events, but because this trip is essentially work-related, and as a result I may be too busy to post thoughtful and possibly also amusing items here in order to entertain and, as the case may be, edify my broad readership.

But this is kind of also an exercise in solipsism, for even if no one reads or if I get only a few crucial thoughts down in post form, I'll at least have more data and detail than I would have otherwise.

Now that's enough justificatory claptrap. There is much to do before leaving (which is really, really soon), and hell this all isn't really that interesting anyway, so that leaves until manana, dear readers.